The number of fat cells in adult human body is fixed. After puberty, the number of fat cell does not increase; however, volumes of fat cell increase. In addition to this, eating habits and lifestyle are the factors affecting people to put on weight.
To get rid of excess weights, appropriate diet, exercise and regular lifestyle are required. However, even in this case, persistent fat build-ups may occur in some persons.
Specific areas of body such as abdomen, waist, hips, outer and inner side of thighs, knee etc. are fat build-up areas resistant to diet and exercise. Excessive adiposity on these areas may be removed to some extent with diet and exercise. Excessive adiposity fat tissues resistant to exercise and diet can be removed with liposuction method and body can be shaped.
"Liposuction" refers to removing unwanted fat with the help of vacuum from different parts of a body and giving a new form to a body. Abdomen, hips, thighs, upper legs, knees, upper arms, breasts, chins, cheeks and neck are the areas to which liposuction can be applied. "Liposuction method" defined also as "Lipoplasty "or" Suction
Lipectomy" is a frequently applied aesthetic surgery.
Liposuction is a surgery where fat build-ups on specific areas of a body are removed with a special vacuum or special injectors and fats are removed from the body. This is certainly not a weight-loss surgery but a body contouring surgery. Through this surgery, fat tissue with increased volume resistant to diet and exercise is removed from body and the number of existing fat cells is reduced.
Overview of Surgery
• Applied Surgical Intervention: Removing excess fat tissues resistant to exercise and diet and re-shaping body. The most frequently • Applied areas: Hip line, abdomen and the surrounding area, legs, arms, neck-jaw bottom
• Duration of surgery: Generally 1-2 hours
• Anesthesia conditions: General anesthesia, local or epidural anesthesia
• Hospital stay: No stay or 1 day
• Possible discomforts: Temporary purpleness, swelling, tenderness or numbness
• Risks: Asymmetry, irregularities on the skin, giving an excessive amount of liquid or loss of liquid in excessive amount
• Recovery period: Corset varying according to size of removed area is worn for 4 weeks.
• Back to work: 1-2 weeks,
• Heavy exercise: 3-4 weeks,
• Full disappearance of purpleness and swelling; 1-6 Months
Diet and exercise programs should be implemented.